With funding from the National Science Foundation, the Educational Equity Center (EEC) at FHI 360 is leading a five year initiative to broaden and sustain girls' interest and persistence in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM): Great Science for Girls: Extension Services for Gender Equity in Science through After School Programs (GSG).
To reach a large national audience, GSG will work with regional intermediary organizations that provide services to networks of afterschool centers. GSG will provide:
- Professional Development Institutes
- Ongoing technical assistance
- A state-of-the-art interactive website
- Access to evidence-based STEM curricula
- A handbook of best practices